The Mission of the North Carolina Tactical Officers Association is to increase the overall performance, moral and professional status of law enforcement personnel by providing credible, proven, intense, realistic tactical training. The ultimate goals of the North Carolina Tactical Officers Association are:
- Encourage a high level of professional competence among members, departments and agencies.
- Encourage the record keeping of information and data of value in the field of Police tactics.
- Encourage, motivate, exchange of ideas and information within the field of tactics.
- Foster friendship and cooperation among the personnel from tactical team members, departments, and agencies.
- Lend assistance and support in the formation of training programs.
- Lend assistance and support in the development of new tactical teams.